We are starting to get all our bits and bobs together, we are donating to a few filled party bags to local summer fairs, and wanted to share with you a bit more about us!
The Friendly Party Bag Co aims to bring awareness to children of the importance of waste and recycling, and of course to add fun to a party!
The impact of plastic bags on our environment can be devastating. Here are just a few of those facts:
- Most plastic bags take over 400 years to biodegrade. Some figures indicate that plastic bags could take over 1000 years to break down. This means not one plastic bag has ever naturally biodegraded.
- Plastic bags cause over 100,000 sea turtle and other marine animal deaths every year, when animals mistake them for food.
- In the UK, each person uses around 220 plastic bags each year.
- The manufacture of plastic bags add tonnes of carbon emissions into the air annually.
- In the UK, banning plastic bags would be the equivalent of taking 18 000 cars off the roads each year.
Unbelievable isn't it?
I myself have no children, however with five nieces and nephews and two god children, I have been to my fair share of parties, and can not believe the waste generated from the party bags, most of it being plastic toys that the children show no interest in.
Our whole ethos is to encourage each child and parent to reuse the bag as they are too gorgeous to throw away!
Our fillers have been sourced with recycling in mind, and items chosen that won’t be played with for a day and then break, items that can be used time after time, for example contents can include:
Haribo sweets, our pick and mix jellies have been bought in bulk to avoid plastic waste and contain no artificial colours, they are handweighed into a candy stripe paper bag which not only is cute but can be recycled afterwards -or even drawn on.
Activity book, which can be recycled after use.
Crayons and pencils (according to age) again bought in bulk and hand tied with a ribbon, which can be used time after time.
High quality creature mask which can be cut into shapes afterwards to make into a picture.
We also fill our bags with a plane glider for boys and a butterfly glider for girls, a jet ball, stickers, bubbles and a balloon which have been quoted as favourites from my little monsters!
Pics to follow soon x